Wrington Dental Centre
Who we are:
- Wrington Dental Centre is a dental practice registered at Units 2&3, Westward Court, Westward Close, Wrington, North Somerset BS40 5JY. If you would like to contact us about any of the information in this privacy notice you can contact the Principal Dentist, John O’Brien, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone, on 01934 863363.
What information we hold about you:
- We collect information about you when you enquire about our services or make an appointment with us for treatment. We will retain details and clinical notes relating to the care you receive within the practice and from third parties. We also collect information about you when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, participate in competitions or provide feedback to us.
How we will use the information we have about you:
- We will use information we have about you to enable us to arrange appointments with the appropriate clinician, and to ensure that you are receiving care appropriate to your clinical needs. Our regulators, the General Dental Council and the Care Quality Commission require us to create and retain records of the dental treatment that is provided to patients. We are obliged by law to keep these records for 10 years after the last date of treatment.
- We will not disclose your personal data, including records of your treatment, unless required to do so by law, or with your explicit consent. [If another medical or dental practitioner has referred you for treatment with us, we may disclose details of your treatment to them where appropriate]. Whenever possible we will discuss any disclosure with you in advance. We will never pass on your information to a third party for marketing purposes.
- We may share your information with selected third parties, for example, business suppliers such as dental laboratories, and with specialist dental practices, the N.HS and general medical practitioners, for the performance and fulfillment of any contract we enter with you.
- We will use your information to provide you with details about other services or products that we offer that we think will be relevant to your ongoing care, or may be of interest to you.
Access to your information:
- You have a right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some, or all, of your personal information please email email@example.com write us at the following address: Wrington Dental Centre, Westward Court, Westward Close, Wrington, North Somerset BS40 5JY.
- If your personal details change, or it comes to your attention that the information we hold about to you is inaccurate in any way please let us know and we will make the appropriate corrections.
- If you have any concerns about the way in which we have handled your data, or are not satisfied with our response to any complaint you have made, you can complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Where we store your personal information:
- All information you provide to us is stored in our secure servers, and in locked filing cabinets. When dental records are shared with third parties, e.g. on-line back-up, this is done through an encrypted file sharing service.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent an unauthorized access.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
John O’Brien (Principal Dentist and Data Controller).